Thursday, October 2, 2008

Last night's dinner: Simple Mini Penne and Tomatoes

I had bought some of those new mini penne and some petite diced tomatoes. My daughter thought the idea of a mini pasta dish was spectacular! So I mixed something up, both of my daughter's loved it, Fred and I didn't much care for it. It was ok but just wasn't enough, you know what I mean?

SIMPLE MINI PENNE AND TOMATOES

Photobucket

1/2 box of mini penne
1 can petite diced tomatoes
1 tbsp orageno
1 tsp garlic
1 tsp sugar
1 dash cinnamon
mozzerella or parmasan cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Simply prepare the penne according to directions on box. Meanwhile in a small saucepan mix remaining ingredients minus the cheese. When pasta is done mix the tomatoes with the penne and serve in a bowl with cheese sprinkled on top.

NOTES:
We didn't have any parm but I think it would be really good. This was just a fun dish on a night when I really didn't want to cook. It is an open book, feel free to add or subtract what you like and let me know if you make it better!

MY RATING: 2 penne out of 5!

No comments: