Thursday, February 5, 2009

This Morning Breakfast: Yogurt Muffins

I know I haven't blogged in a while so I'm going to try to put a couple up. I am going to start things off with a twist, how about some breakfast? I got this idea for some yogurt muffins and instantly ran to the computer to in a recipe and this what I found. Original recipe

YOGURT MUFFINS

Photobucket

1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 carton (6 ounces) yogurt (any flavor)
1/3 cup oil1 egg

Preheat oven to 400˚F. Spray, grease or put paper liners in 12 (2 ¾ inch) muffin cups. In medium mixing bowl, stir together dry ingredients. In small bowl, beat together yogurt, oil and egg. Stir yogurt mixture into dry mixture until just blended. Do not overmix. Spoon into prepared muffin cups. Bake until nicely browned, about 20 minutes.

NOTES: The original recipe called for raspberry yogurt and raspberries, but I used mixed berry Activia and no berries. The nice thing about this recipe is that you can use frozen berries without defrosting them. Check out the original recipe to find out how and when to add the berries.

This recipe made 12 muffins.

MY RATING: 5 out of 5 muffins!

No comments: